State Historical and Cultural Reserve «The Field of the Great Poltava Battle»
Ukr Rus Eng
1709 2009

Monument to Swedes from Russians

The monument was constructed in 1909. The author of the monument is A. Bilderling. The monument has a shape of truncated four-sided granite pyramid, which is placed on a pedestal. The pyramid is crowned by large granite cross. Common high of the monument is 30 ft. At the front side of the monument there is an inscription in Russian and Swedish languages: «Eternal memory of brave Swedish warriors, fallen in the Battle near Poltava on 27 June, 1709». The monument was erected on an earth hill shaped as truncated pyramid. The hill is surrounded by 12 cast-iron short piles, connected by chains.

Created in Fox Web Workshop
Links Exchange
© State Historical and Cultural Reserve
«The Field of the Great Poltava Battle»