State Historical and Cultural Reserve The Field of the Great Poltava Battle
Ukr Rus Eng
1709 2009

White Rotunda

In 1909, at place of Podol bastion of Poltava fortress (XVIII), there was built eight-column C-shaped rotunda — White Rotunda. During Hitler occupation the rotunda was ruined. But in 1954, at place of the old one, there was erected Rotunda of peoples friendship (architect L. Vaingort). This new rotunda has also eight columns and C-shape and has a lot of common with the old one, but at the same time it is much larger.

Created in Fox Web Workshop
Links Exchange
© State Historical and Cultural Reserve
The Field of the Great Poltava Battle