The Sixth Hall Annotation. The state and military elite of the Great Battle of Poltava countries-participators
History saved names of the most famous state and military officials of the Great Northern war. The most famous Peter I companions-in-arms were:
- A. Menshikov (1673-1729) — was the commander of cavalry in the Battle of Poltava and after that he got the rank of general field marshal.
- B. Sheremetev (1652-1719) — in June 1709 he was the only Russian general field marshal, official commander of the army.
- M. Golitsyn (1675-1730) — commander of Semenovsky Guards regiment, the commander of all Guards in the Battle of Poltava.
- J. Bruce (1670-1735) — the commander of Russian army artillery.
- A. Repnin (1668-1726) — one of the most famous infantry commanders of Peter I.
- Charles XII (1682-1718) — the King of Sweden; in fights for Poltava, on his birthday on June 17, 1709, his leg was terribly wounded — that is why couldn’t head the army by himself during the final battle on June 27.
The most famous Charles XII companions-in-arms were:
- C. Piper (1647-1716) — the King first minister.
- O. Hermelin (1658-1709?) — the secretary of Evangelical Conditions, chief ideologist and propagandist of Charles XII.
- C. Rehnskiöld (1651-1722) — the general field-marshal, the Swedish army chief commander in the Battle of Poltava.
- A. Lewenhaupt (1659-1719) — the general, infantry sub-divisions commander in the Battle of Poltava.
During the Battle of Poltava, Ukrainian military forces were divided between the enemies:
- I. Mazepa (1639-1709) — he was already 70 years old at Poltava battle time; the King Charles XII left him in Pushkarivka village to guard baggage trams.
- I. Skoropadsky (1646-1722) — the Hetman of Ukraine placed by Peter I; the tsar didn’t trust Cossacks, that is why he ordered Skoropadsky and his Cossacks regiments to encamp in Zhuky — Ivonchentsi villages area, under surveillance of G. Volkonsky dragoon troops, for the whole time of the Battle.
The exposition of the Hall presents the portrait gallery of the most famous state and military elite of the Great Battle of Poltava countries-participators. There are original portraits and modern copies, weapon of the Battle time.
Also there presented «Poltava Battle» painting of N. Samokysh — the famous Ukrainian battle painter; the painting was created in Soviet times and reproduces the battle vision of Soviet historians and politicians.