Round table on «Poltavite I. Pavlovsky and Poltava at the late 19th – 20s of the 20th century»
22 January 2013
On January 18, 2013 in the State Historical and Cultural Reserve "The Field of the Great Poltava Battle" a round table was carried out about "Poltavite I. Pavlovsky and Poltava of the late 19th - 20s of the 20th century". That scientific meeting, dedicated to the 162th birth anniversary of I. Pavlovsky, was a continuation of studying his scientific heritage.
The program of the current round table, themes and problems of declared reports show an interest of modern historians, ethnographers and researchers of the history of Poltava region to the scientific heritage of I. Pavlovsky.
The work of the scientific meeting was carried out in the following directions:
- Scientific, social, teaching, museum activity of I. Pavlovsky.
- Poltava of the late 19th - 20s of the 20th century: history, events, facts.
- Poltava of the late 19th - 20s of the 20th century: cultural and artistic life of the city.
- Famous poltavites - contemporaries of I. Pavlovsky.
- The founders of museum development.
Themes and problems of the reports were rather diversified: new facts of scientific, social, teaching activity of I. Pavlovsky and the very Poltava, the city where the scientists and his famous contemporaries lived and worked. The scientific material will be available on this page (ukrainian version).